· To provide assistance for the establishment, expansion or diversification of self-sustaining First Nations businesses in Manitoba.
· To improve the access to capital for First Nations businesses that have traditionally had difficulty in obtaining conventional commercial financing.
· To promote the orderly growth and development of the network of commercial loan corporations owned and controlled by First Nations people.
· Any member (18 years or older) of the participating Tribal Councils or independent First Nations who wishes to start, expand or acquire a commercial business in Manitoba and is a resident of Manitoba.
· All sole proprietorships, partnerships and corporations that are approved by Tribal Wi-Chi-Way-Win Capital Corporation and where a Status Indian has a controlling interest and where all such entities will be resident and/or registered in Manitoba and will be owned by First Nations member(s).
· Minimum 10% equity required.
Type of Assistance:
· Direct Term Loans
· Working Capital Loans
· Bridging Loans
· Franchise or Dealer Fee Loans
Aboriginal Procurement Project: To provide a bid-matching service that would facilitate the following:
· Inter-Aboriginal business activity.
· Business activity between Aboriginal and Corporate sectors.
· Federal Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Businesses (PSAB).
Bid-Matching Services Include:
· Guidance for Aboriginal businesses in preparation of company profiles, bid proposals and business plans.
· Assistance for Aboriginal businesses in finding lines of credit and capital financing.
· Guidance and direction in the structuring of joint ventures with other Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal businesses.
Tribal Wi-Chi-Way-Win Capital Corporation
203 - 400 St. Mary Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 4K5
Phone: (204) 943-0888
Fax: (204) 946-5318
Toll Free: 1-800-568-8488